Re: Function to present few centered lines

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Function to present few centered lines
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2021 16:35:45 +0300

* Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> [2021-04-14 16:14]:
> > Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2021 16:03:45 +0300
> > From: Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support>
> >
> > - enlarging font, I don't know how to enlarge it, so that width and
> >   height of window is adjusted to new enlarged font
>
> "Adjusted" in what way? to keep the same number of columns?  I think
> you need to manually enlarge the window.

If I do:

(window-width) ⇒ 103
(text-scale-increase 5) ⇒ t
(window-width) ⇒ 103
(progn (insert "Hello") (center-line)) --- it will not show centered
                                    according to text scale increase

What I would like is to get a new (window-width) value adjusted to the
text increased as to calculate more from thre.

> > - centering, I am trying to center line by using window-width and
> >   setting fill-column, it seem it does not center nicely.
>
> Why not use center-region?

OK that is good idea. In this example I wish to center vertically as
also horizontally, but I can calculate vertical centering, insert
lines, and use center-region, that is fine.