Re: don't understand setq-default

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: don't understand setq-default
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2021 16:19:08 +0200

>> OK, that explains it, buffer local values, I can't even
>> keep track of the buffers...
>
> I have used it 8 times, maybe change to setq to force
> everywhere...

Worst thing that can happen, it will show, where I need even
more force...

Wait, I sense there is something wrong with this thinking...

with setq, global var

with setq-default default val for var if not buffer-local

how do you look for the buffer-local var?

I take it that takes precedence?

yeah, it is the compass needle all over that acts on the
GLOBAL Earth's magnet, only put the local magnet next to
the compass, proximity overrules size

you set the buffer-locals or they set themselves thru hooks
or implications from setq "automatically when set"

how do I know my globals - me thinking them are - aren't
actually as they gets trapped in some Elisp file where
I eval'd them which has nothing to do with it, even?
Eval a config file for ERC, all that goes into the Elisp
file LOL.

How do you tell a var should be buffer-local when set? Nah,
I don't want to know. They are not part of my strategy.
But please tell my all buzzwords so I can go on pruning
my Elisp, always a good feeling :)

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal