Re: There is a docker image of GNU Emacs?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: There is a docker image of GNU Emacs?
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2021 00:48:17 +0200

Dan Hitt wrote:

> hahhahahahaha, i feel like i'm walking into a trap here,
> Emanuel! :) :)

:)

> But that's how debian does it also.

Since the package manager is considered like a huge part of
the distribution one wonders how different Ubuntu is
to Debian. Ubuntu comes with some extra bling-blings by
default, but they can be disabled and removed. On Debian
OTOH, they can be installed and enabled.

I get it that Debian is different from OpenBSD since it comes
with another kernel and another toolchain implementation, of
the same tools to some extent by all means but still... But
Debian and Ubuntu, yeah. Very close, right?

Nah, the more the merrier, just get it out there, call it
whatever you want...

> But i do think for getting emacs under your fingers
> quickly, it's probably the shortest path. :) :) :)

Yeah, I think the OP is up to something since he is at least
a 10+ years Emacs user, maybe just want to try Docker for the
sake of it...

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal