Re: don't understand setq-default

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: don't understand setq-default
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2021 19:17:05 +0200

Jean Louis wrote:

> There is in manual what it is:
>
> (info "(elisp) Creating Buffer-Local")
>
> A buffer-local variable is “permanent” if the variable name
> (a symbol) has a ‘permanent-local’ property that is
> non-‘nil’. Such variables are unaffected by
> ‘kill-all-local-variables’, and their local bindings are
> therefore not cleared by changing major modes.
> Permanent locals are appropriate for data pertaining to
> where the file came from or how to save it, rather than
> with how to edit the contents.

OK, so I was wrong, it is yet another type or variation of
the variable concept!

We need a state diagram for this...

And then another one for functions!

After that, if one already knows programming from somewhere
else, it would be enough to just look at these two diagrams.
Because what else is there to programming other than
functions and variables?

Oh, maybe a big note: "Don't do it, son."

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal