Re: don't understand setq-default

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: don't understand setq-default
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2021 19:26:19 +0200

Jean Louis wrote:

> That is what I use all the time over here, for example
> I search for people, I can get list of 13 people and mark
> them, store their ID numbers in a variable that is same as
> in other buffer.
>
> In other buffer maybe I mark 2 of them and wish to move
> them from one list to other by using buffer, similar like
> copy/rename in dired.
>
> Let us say there are 2 buffers, you wish to mark 3 people
> in the list in one buffer and 4 people in the list in other
> buffer, but you don't want to mix them. Their marks go into
> individual or buffer local variables that are named same
> but are different from buffer to buffer. [...]

This is what you do for a living, move people
between buffers?

But I also have lists of people, .mailrc is one, the other is
a NOC list (Non-Official Cover list) of people climbing in
our tree house [1] - without here being tricked into letting
the authorities score an easy win by me disclosing the list,
let me say that it is a possibility that we currently have 57
people climbing, 52% from se, 16 nationalities, 54% females.

Uganda (or even Africa) isn't represented so please stop by
anyway dear Jessie [2]

[1] https://dataswamp.org/~incal/blog/index.html
[2] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoIiNhWEfoQ

--