Re: modeline: move battery indicator as provided by (display-battery-mod

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: modeline: move battery indicator as provided by (display-battery-mode)
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2021 13:36:05 +0200

On Tue, Apr 27 2021, Uwe Brauer wrote:
>> (setq mode-line-format
>>       '("%e" mode-line-front-space mode-line-mule-info mode-line-client
>> mode-line-modified mode-line-remote
>>      mode-line-frame-identification
>>      mode-line-buffer-identification "   "
>>      mode-line-position
>>      (vc-mode vc-mode) mode-line-misc-info "  "
>>      mode-line-modes mode-line-end-spaces))
>
> Thanks, I am not entirely sure I understand your setting but I just
> copied in my init file and restarted emacs.
>
> However when I open say a LaTeX file, the battery display is sill at the
> end of the modeline, and therefore not visible.

`mode-line-format` automatically becomes buffer-local when set, so using `setq`
won't set the global value. Try `setq-default`.

The battery info is contained in `mode-line-misc-info`, you can move it around
if the above setting doesn't work for you. Note, though, that
`mode-line-misc-info` may contain more information than just the battery status,
which will get moved around as well. Moving just the battery display would be a
bit more involved.

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments