Re: Is with-temp-buffer really temporary?

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Is with-temp-buffer really temporary?
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2021 20:39:33 +0300

* Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> [2021-04-27 19:54]:
> >> Of course not.
> > I'd think this is your operating system's job.
>
> Also, given the way computers are currently implemented, the cost of
> having to scrape all memory immediately after use would be somewhat
> high, especially compared to the benefit:
>
> - most of that memory contains data of no significance, so most of that
>   work is wasted.
> - it just removes one particular attack vector, among many others, so
>   the added security gain is low.

Purpose is to implement Emacs Lisp based uploading of files that are
on the fly GnuPG/PGP encrypted and would like to have zero-knowledge
privacy from hosting provider. As I see it now, it is not easy
task.

Could you give me pointers on how to accept uploaded data, should I
use (read-event) to read POST request like one byte by byte?

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

https://stallmansupport.org/