Re: indentation

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: indentation
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 22:05:17 +0300

* ptlo@centrum.cz <ptlo@centrum.cz> [2021-04-30 10:08]:
> Imposing conventions is of use when many and changing (and beginner)
> programmers work on same code. It's not my case. But the problem
> where it all started is, when I press enter, the new empty line got
> indented to first character of previous line. There is absolutely no
> reason to impose that the block shall continue.

I find that very handy when I am writing lists where list's text is
for 2-3 characters indented like this below:

- Something
  and more
  and one more line

For programming if you use programming mode, it will indent just
right. Which language is it?

To me it looks somehow weird if it is Fortran:

      program hello
!     This is a comment line, it is ignored by the compiler
      print *, 'Hello, World!'
      end program hello

As when I mark region and press TAB, somehow I expect different kind
of indentation. That looks weird now. I think it is bug in fortran-mode

Maybe you should M-x report-bug

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns