Re: How to tame compiler?

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: How to tame compiler?
Date: Sat, 1 May 2021 10:05:01 +0300

* Michael Heerdegen <michael_heerdegen@web.de> [2021-05-01 07:54]:
> Michael Heerdegen <michael_heerdegen@web.de> writes:
>
> > you would have to create dynamical bindings for that.
>
> Oh, you could also use the second argument of `eval' to specify a
> lexical environment.  That would also help to get rid of the
> warnings.

How I understand it, I would need to use dynamical bindings, but in
smallest example with lexical-binding t on the top of file, it does
not work.

So I do not know how to use dynamical bindings.

As function `rcd-template-eval' is in other file, when I provide `t'
to (eval) in that other file, that still gives warnings in the file
where variables are used, and then it will not expand.

I have lost control.

My program works, but it should not work.

In fact if I remove:

    (ignore "Avoid compiler warnings" to-name hello-name body
    unsubscribe-text unsubscribe-url)

than nothing works, and template does not get expanded, probably
because of lexical bindings. (eval) I use without t

If I comment `ignore' or I do not use ignore, it stops working, and
nothing expands.

If I do use ignore as above, it does work.

But in the smallest example as in attached files, it does not work.

Maybe it is some bug, and program works due to bug.

I cannot bring it to minimum example, it just works, exactly how it is
in these attached exampled (which don't work).

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

https://stallmansupport.org/