Re: Org mode rant

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: Org mode rant
Date: Sat, 01 May 2021 12:10:02 +0200

Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:

>> Write less to-do items and more notes. Notes and "remember" lists are
>> always good. But do not blur the line between what you want to
>> remember and what you need to do3. Your to-do list should be a list of
>> things to do, not to remember. To-do lists should describe what you
>> must do, not what you want to do, which belongs on the "remember" list
>> until you really must do it.
>
> I wish I could understand it.

My point here is this one: psychologically, I often find it difficult
to resist the temptation of noting something down *before* I know if
it is something I need to do or just something I need to remember to
check at some point, ending up with my to-do list presenting me with
to many things to do, some of them not really belonging here.

Now I force myself to really ponder: "Do you really need to do it?
If not, do you want to remember it?" and I do this *before* I write
or capturing.

--
 Bastien