Re: Documentation about elisp code

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Documentation about elisp code
Date: Sun, 2 May 2021 08:31:10 +0300

* steve-humphreys@gmx.com <steve-humphreys@gmx.com> [2021-05-02 07:34]:
> What would be a good strategy to use for displaying some documentation
> regarding some elisp code I have written.
>
> Naturally, I included documentation strings in my defuns.  But there
> is no information about learning the functionalities provided by my code.

I recommend reading about: (info "(elisp) Packaging")

There are few ways to document it:

- document it inline in documentation strings and if necessary in the
  Commentary section inside of a package;

- or create multi file package and use either README or info file or
  other file to document it; best would be info if documentation is
  important;

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns