Re: don't hard-code keys

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: don't hard-code keys
Date: Sun, 02 May 2021 16:44:18 +0200

Tassilo Horn wrote:

>> But the question: how can I avoid hard-coding the C-u key
>> but instead have the keybinding inserted thru a reference
>> to the function, i.e. `universal-argument'?
>
> You mean, in the `message' call?  Have a look at
>
>   (info "(elisp) Keys in Documentation")

I have it working in docstrings but not in general, for
example this

  ‘\[COMMAND]’
       stands for a key sequence that will invoke COMMAND, or ‘M-x
       COMMAND’ if COMMAND has no key bindings.

sounds like what I want but

  (substitute-command-keys "\[universal-argument]")

:(

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal