Re: Stages of WWW development compared to Emacs Lisp development

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Stages of WWW development compared to Emacs Lisp development
Date: Sun, 2 May 2021 21:37:11 +0300

* Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
<help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> [2021-05-02 19:53]:
> Jean Louis wrote:
>
> > As in the context of templating engines, WWW development is
> > very similar to Emacs Lisp development or any
> > programming language.
>
> Well...
>
> > One has to try it out, there are maybe some trials and
> > errors, there is debugging involved, preview or testing,
> > editing, preview or testing, until it becomes what author
> > wants it to be.
>
> ... rather I'd say what you describe holds for everything that
> is difficult to do, almost.
>
> > (concatenate
>
> ?
>
> > (loop for line = (read-line
> >    while line do
> >      (write-line

I don't use it anymore, that is not from me, at least not currently.

> ???
>
> > (slurp-stream-io-command
> > (saveinitmem
>
> Where you get all this stuff?

Isn't that Common Lisp?

(require "asdf")

(defun slurp-stream-io-command (command string)
  "Returns the output of a command to which string has been fed, very
usable for markdown, emacs Org mode processing and similar"
  (with-input-from-string (in string)
    (uiop:run-program command :input in :output :string :ignore-error-status
t)))

(slurp-stream-io-command "markdown" "## hello")

"<h2>hello</h2>
"

--
Jean