Emacs is stable software

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Emacs is stable software
Date: Tue, 4 May 2021 11:14:47 +0300

* Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
<help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> [2021-05-04 11:08]:
> Christopher Dimech wrote:
>
> > If he was using the older Emacs 25, that error will show up
> > when trying to set two local variables.
>
> Okay, but why are you people using such old Emacs?

Maybe for you is "old" but even that some version is older does not
need to be known to user.

Example is Emacs 25.3 in Hyperbola GNU/Linux-libre, it is there for
few years, just installed on the system, it works. Emacs is
stable. There are no big issues. In this house and my staff members
are using that version without problems. Largest majority of users
will never have any incidents with Emacs as it is stable
software.

Just like hundreds of millions of users will report bugs and develop
it. The rest remains using it without complaints.

I can imagine on many multi-user computers not every user has option
to install a new version neither can know how to do it.

And on personal computers is the same, not every user is able to
install software, people use computers without updates for many years.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

https://stallmansupport.org/