Re: rmail invalid mbox file

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: rmail invalid mbox file
Date: Wed, 05 May 2021 17:51:49 +0300

> From: Jim Erickson <jimerickso@gmail.com>
> Date: Wed, 05 May 2021 09:26:30 -0500
>
> thank you it is good to at least know what the problem is. is this a new
> google policy to write things this way?

I don't know, I never used this method of getting email in mbox
format.

> my "From:" line comes after a bunch of other headers.

No, "From:" (with the colon) is just an email header.  That's not the
line that needs to begin each emacs.  You need a line that says "From"
without the colon.  It sounds like such a line is completely absent
from your file, in which case Rmail will not be able to process it,
because that's how it knows that a new email message begins.

> how does one go about reordering lines in the mbox with emacs?
> otherwise i guess i will have to switch to gnus. gnus seems to
> handle the messages fine.

I think in your case using Gnus is indeed the right idea.