Re: Org to Markdown programmatically

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Org to Markdown programmatically
Date: Wed, 05 May 2021 17:36:15 +0200

Jean Louis wrote:

>> Oh, I found the most amazing tool - on Android of all
>> places, it was called a SEO tool but it actually went thru
>> the whole page, all aspects, even language and style, but
>> of course also the old SEO things like header-body
>> congruence and all that.
>>
>> Anyway found lots of small mistakes that I corrected. I run
>> it on all my blog post pages - and this article by far
>> scored the highest, 79%
>>
>>   https://dataswamp.org/~incal/blog/box-10/marco-antonio-barrera.html
>
> Scored for which term?

Overall score.

>>>   (let ((my-keywords '("TODO" hi-yellow
>>>                    "DONE" hi-green
>>>                    "URGENT" hi-red-b)))
>>>     (while my-keywords
>>>       (let ((keyword (pop my-keywords))
>>>         (highlight (pop my-keywords)))
>>>     (highlight-regexp keyword highlight)))))
>>
>> Hahaha, creative! :)
>>
>> But go get yourself a proper loop, will you :)
>
> For me, proper loops in Emacs Lisp are `while' and mapping
> functions. It gives me more clarity due to old habbits.

`while' is proper but not here as you `pop' twice in the body
when you can iterate that.

Also my-keywords ... that name, also how it mixes two things,
plus insists on a certain order without enforcing it.

Ever heard that once you pop you can't stop? That's what's
going to happen, I'm afraid.

> `dolist' and `dotimes', or cl-loop, I will never use in
> Emacs Lisp. I may use it in Common Lisp.

Sorry, but your boycott notwithstanding, they are still Elisp
functions, so actually you can't use them in CL :P

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal