Re: rmail invalid mbox file

From: tomas
Subject: Re: rmail invalid mbox file
Date: Wed, 5 May 2021 17:51:17 +0200

On Wed, May 05, 2021 at 09:26:30AM -0500, Jim Erickson wrote:
> thank you it is good to at least know what the problem is. is this a new
> google policy to write things this way? my "From:" line ...

Careful. You are looking for a line starting with "From", *with no
colon*. This is the so-called "envelope from", aka "bounce address" [1].
The address there comes from the (last) SMTP protocol exchange.

The "From:" (with a colon) you are seeing is probably just an ordinary
mail header, which, as seen from the SMTP protocol is part of the mail
body.

Cheers

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bounce_address
 - t