Re: Org to Markdown programmatically

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Org to Markdown programmatically
Date: Thu, 6 May 2021 06:46:57 +0300

* Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
<help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> [2021-05-06 02:06]:
> OK, well glad to hear it, whatever it is you do. But, since
> you seem to know your way around the economy so well, maybe
> you can help me out, I want to get this book [1] published,
> I wrote it in Emacs, did the LaTeX, all done. I also want to
> write a book about this project [2] After that I'd like a job
> where all my talents [3] come into play and I can do amazing
> things, helping humanity all day long and earn the big bucks
> while doing it... Got any pointers?
>
> [1] https://dataswamp.org/~incal/borta/borta.pdf

Oh yes, I was working in publishing company in Denmark. Some of my
friends in Germany self-publish all the time and make money on 1000 -
5000 copies only. One friend was handling very specific subjects, such
as pictures and stories of a local town. That sells for sure, long
term. Your book would need to be distributed to climbers or similar
groups.

1. Obtain ISBN number:
   https://www.kb.se/in-english/about-us/swedish-isbn-agency.html

https://www.slu.se/en/subweb/library/publish-and-analyse/register-and-publish/isbn/

2. Self-publish, invest some 1000 Euro, and make several copies. Start
   is not hard

3. Start making book reviews in local libraries, not forgetting to
   mention Emacs and free software

4. Use THIS book to make money:
   https://archive.org/details/selfpublishingma00poyn_0

   Self-publishing brings constant income over time.

TIP: User high quality, better pictures.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

https://stallmansupport.org/