FW: [External] : Re: Is there symbol-plist functionality in Emacs Lisp?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: FW: [External] : Re: Is there symbol-plist functionality in Emacs Lisp?
Date: Sat, 8 May 2021 14:38:52 +0000

[Forwarding to the list.  Bitten again by "Reply All"
not including the list, for some reason.]

> > While `symbol-plist' in Common Lisp returns the definition as below.
>
> Is that really true of Common Lisp, or just of some implementations?
> I can't seem to find that documented in the CLHS.

What Stefan said.  AFAIK, the specs (CLTL2, CLHS)
say nothing about what is or might be in the plist.

I think the answer to the question of why Elisp
`symbol-plist' doesn't return the function def
in the plist is because in Elisp the function
def isn't in the plist.

As for how to get the function def, the answer
is `symbol-function', AFAIK.