Re: Is there symbol-plist functionality in Emacs Lisp?

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Is there symbol-plist functionality in Emacs Lisp?
Date: Sat, 8 May 2021 18:32:54 +0300

* Stefan Monnier via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
<help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> [2021-05-08 17:01]:
> > While `symbol-plist' in Common Lisp returns the definition as below.
>
> Is that really true of Common Lisp, or just of some implementations?
> I can't seem to find that documented in the CLHS.

True, it works just in CLISP. Is there equivalent in Emacs that I can
get a function definition this way?

[1]> (defun myfn (a) a)
MYFN

[2]> (SYMBOL-PLIST (INTERN (STRING-upcase "myfn")))
(SYSTEM::DEFINITION
 ((DEFUN MYFN (A) A) .
  #(NIL NIL NIL NIL
    ((DECLARATION OPTIMIZE DECLARATION DYNAMICALLY-MODIFIABLE
SYSTEM::IMPLEMENTATION-DEPENDENT)))))

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns