Re: Inserting some text in a working buffer

From: michael-franzese
Subject: Re: Inserting some text in a working buffer
Date: Sun, 9 May 2021 05:59:07 +0200

Thank you Emanuel, glad you found the post amusing.

Apart further into giggles, I would  like to insert the text starting from the
current
point to column position 62.  But with the following code, the text is being
inserted
before (point) rather than at (point).

(defun text-insert (text)
  "Inserts text starting at cursor point."
  (interactive)

  (message "[text-insert] p %d" (point))
  (insert text)
  (forward-line) )

(defun bifurc ()
  "Insert text at point"
  (interactive)

  (message "(line-beginning-position) (point) %d %d"
           (line-beginning-position) (point))

  (setq-local d (- (point) (line-beginning-position)))
  (setq-local n (- 63 d))
  (setq-local m (- 69 d))
  (message "[bifurc] (m,n) %d %d %d" m n d)

  (setq-local s (make-string n ?\;))

  (text-insert s) )