Re: outline-minor-mode and org-mode capabilities for programming languag

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: outline-minor-mode and org-mode capabilities for programming languages
Date: Sun, 9 May 2021 12:11:51 +0300

* Christopher Dimech <dimech@gmx.com> [2021-05-09 11:54]:
> Dear Compeers,
>
> I have same elisp code and using outline-minor-mode.  The good thing about it
> is that
> the language highlighting is preserved.  But navigating and moving the code
> around is
> much more difficult than actually being in org-mode (I can use tab ate move
> code with
> "M-<up>", M-<down>).  The downside is that org-mode removes the highlighting
> for the
> language.  Is there any way out of this.  Having flexibility of org-mode with
> language
> highlighting preserved?

That is great for programming. I had difficulties with the key binding
like @ if I remember well, so I have changed the prefix to what is
closer to C-c, so I have changed it to C-c C-d

outline-minor-mode-prefix is a variable defined in ‘outline.el’.

Its value is ""
Original value was "@"

  You can customize this variable.
  Probably introduced at or before Emacs version 19.20.

Then instead of C-c Shift-@ C-n I Just do C-c C-d C-n

Outline-minor-mode is not related to Org mode

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

https://stallmansupport.org/