Re: outline-heading-alist for elisp using ";; * "

From: Christopher Dimech
Subject: Re: outline-heading-alist for elisp using ";; * "
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 03:55:55 +0200

> Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2021 at 9:08 AM
> From: "Philip Kaludercic" <philipk@posteo.net>
> To: "Christopher Dimech" <dimech@gmx.com>
> Cc: "Help Gnu Emacs" <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
> Subject: Re: outline-heading-alist for elisp using ";; * "
>
> Christopher Dimech <dimech@gmx.com> writes:
>
> > I want to use ";; * " and so forth for subheadings but using the following
> > code had
> > no effect.
> >

> >  (setq hstar
> >      '( (";; * " . 1)
> >         (";; ** " . 2)
> >         (";; *** " . 3)
> >         (";; **** " . 4)
> >         (";; ***** " . 5)
> >         (";; ****** " . 6)
> >         (";; ******* " . 7)
> >         (";; ******** " . 8) ))
>
> Why not use outline-regexp? ";; \\*+" should do the same job, if I'm not
> mistaken.

Will use outline-regexp.  I need the different heading levels to follow
org-mode  *, **, *** etc.  Would you have an example for that, because
";; \\*+" considers

> >    ( (emacs-lisp-mode . (
> >              (outline-heading-alist . hstar) )))
> >

> Where are you evaluating this? In .dir-locals.el? If so, what is the
> local value of outline-heading-alist in an emacs-lisp buffer?

Am using my own ".el" file.  As for finding the local "outline-heading-alist",
how do you find out what it is exactly?  Have tried the defaults, for elisp
the default seems to be ";;;;;".