outline-heading-alist for elisp using ";; * "

From: Christopher Dimech
Subject: outline-heading-alist for elisp using ";; * "
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 07:05:52 +0200

> Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2021 at 3:00 PM
> From: "Stefan Monnier via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor"
> <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
> To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
> Subject: Re: outline-heading-alist for elisp using ";; * "
>
> > Am using my own ".el" file.  As for finding the local
> > "outline-heading-alist",
> > how do you find out what it is exactly?
>
> In the vast majority of modes, the default is nil and it is
> lazily auto-populated based on `outline-regexp` and `outline-level`.

I am working on some ideas and recommend that emacs beefs up outline-minor-mode
for the different programming languages.  Outline structures would then be
available
for use.  And if users want to change they can do that as well.  We would  need
some
docementation with real examples on how to set things up.  Better still, if the
information is provided in the outline.el code.

Regards
Christopher