outline-regexp) using ";; *+ " for elisp code

From: Christopher Dimech
Subject: outline-regexp) using ";; *+ " for elisp code
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 10:48:02 +0200

> Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2021 at 8:19 PM
> From: "Joost Kremers" <joostkremers@fastmail.fm>
> To: "Christopher Dimech" <dimech@gmx.com>
> Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
> Subject: Re: outline-regexp) using ";; *+ " for elisp code
>

> On Tue, May 11 2021, Christopher Dimech wrote:
> > Any reason why using rgc does not work, whereas things are good when I use
> > the string directly in the call "make-local-variable"?
> >
> >    (setq-local rgc ";;; \\*+ ")
>
> Where is this call? =setq-local= sets the variable's value in the buffer in
> which it is executed. If this call is in your init file, it's not going to
> have
> any effect on your Emacs session.
>
> In your init file, you'll want =defvar= or =defvar-local=. (Note, the =local=
> part
> here does not have the same meaning as the =local= part in =setq-local=. See
> the
> doc strings for details.)

defvar-local is buffer-local variable.  I would think that I could use defvar as
the setting rather than a buffer-local variable, as the value would be the same
for
all elisp files.

Have also tried doing the same for texinfo files.  Though outline-miner-mode is
not
taking effect.

(add-hook 'texinfo-mode-hook #'outline-minor-mode)