Re: outline-heading-alist for elisp using ";; * "

From: Christopher Dimech
Subject: Re: outline-heading-alist for elisp using ";; * "
Date: Thu, 13 May 2021 05:33:23 +0200

> Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 4:00 PM
> From: "Jean Louis" <bugs@gnu.support>
> To: "Christopher Dimech" <dimech@gmx.com>
> Cc: monnier@iro.umontreal.ca, help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
> Subject: Re: outline-heading-alist for elisp using ";; * "
>
> * Christopher Dimech <dimech@gmx.com> [2021-05-12 04:46]:
> > I fully understand now.  outline-minor-more must be revamped.  For
> > instance, it should
> > actually look for "(defun ", rather than for the simplistic "(" on a
> > new line.
>
> If it would be just `defun' but it is not.
>
> I think simplistic approach is good as anything could be there in
> parenthesis in the first column. Lisp has multiple paradigms and lines
> of a high level program could as well consist of functions which do no
> call defun directly, as functions could be already defined.

Correct , but we could start with a defun for folding, the others would not
fold.
It improves the current implementation nevertheless.  From what I see, there
will
not be many working on it, and we can start improving it some more.  I could
then
look at it again to see what I can do.

There certainly exists the capability of user defined code blocks, something I
am
currently trying to do, particularly since there are others that would find it
valuable to use.

> There is no possible simple definition for what you mean. People use
> function aliases, I was recently handling `defil' alias from GNU
> Hyperbole development version. There can be unlimited number of
> aliases and macros that will written on the first column.
>
> (defalias 'definiere 'defun)
>
> (definiere meine-sache ()
>    "Nichts für Dich")
>
> (meine-sache) ⇒ "Nichts für Dich"

The plan would be for users to adapt the folding to their needs.  Many don't
usually
use an unlimited number of aliases in the code they work on.