Determining existence of text following point

From: Christopher Dimech
Subject: Determining existence of text following point
Date: Tue, 18 May 2021 11:31:00 +0200

> Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2021 at 8:56 PM
> From: "Jean Louis" <bugs@gnu.support>
> To: "Eric Abrahamsen" <eric@ericabrahamsen.net>
> Cc: "Skip Montanaro" <skip.montanaro@gmail.com>, "Help Gnu Emacs"
> <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>, michael-franzese@gmx.com
> Subject: Re: Determining existence of text following point
>
> * Eric Abrahamsen <eric@ericabrahamsen.net> [2021-05-18 03:09]:
> > michael-franzese@gmx.com writes:
> >
> > > But if there are only empty spaces it is ok too.
>
> (defun my-insert-on-empty-end-of-line (s)
>   (let ((line-cut (buffer-substring-no-properties (point)
> (line-end-position))))
>     (when (or (not (string-match "[^[:blank:]]" line-cut)) (eolp))
>       (insert s))))

I understand that "string-match" returns index of start of first blank match.

Suppose the cursor is just after the first period.  Then because there is still
text left on the line, the string "s" is not inserted.  The text should only be
inserted when the rest of the line is blank.

A neutrino is a fermion.  Some more text here.
                        ^

> --
> Jean
>
> Take action in Free Software Foundation campaigns:
> https://www.fsf.org/campaigns
>
> Sign an open letter in support of Richard M. Stallman
> https://stallmansupport.org/
> https://rms-support-letter.github.io/

Christopher Dimech
General Administrator - Naiad Informatics - GNU Project (Geocomputation)
- Geophysical Simulation
- Geological Subsurface Mapping
- Disaster Preparedness and Mitigation
- Natural Resource Exploration and Production
- Free Software Advocacy