Running Emacs without any display server

From: Abhiseck Paira
Subject: Running Emacs without any display server
Date: Wed, 19 May 2021 00:19:45 +0530

Hi,
I was trying to run Emacs without any display server (like Xorg or
wayland) (So I was running Emacs in a tty). Emacs started as expected
but the Alt (Meta) key wasn't working. So I couldn't do 'Alt-x' to do
'M-x' (so I had to do Esc-x instead). Similarly other key combinations
involving Alt key didn't work either (Alt-v, Alt-f etc). Does anyone
know why this is happeing or how to fix this?
--
Abhisek Paira
E34E 825B 979E EB9F 8505  F80E E93D 353B 7740 0709