Re: Running Emacs without any display server

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Running Emacs without any display server
Date: Wed, 19 May 2021 06:17:44 +0300

* Abhiseck Paira <abhiseckpaira@disroot.org> [2021-05-19 05:54]:

> > Which distro are you using? I'm on Slackware current and I just tried
> > running emacs in a tty and alt works as expected.
>
> I run Parabola, an Arch based distibution. But Emacs is installed using
> Guix package manager. I'd have said so but I thought it will be same
> across all distributions. Also I am running Emacs version 27.2 and the
> problem exist even when I run with emacs -Q option.

Me too, on one of computers there is Parabola GNU/Linux-libre and
Emacs M-x works in console quite well, but without Guix stuff. On a
remote server I have guix package manager, and Emacs works fine
through terminal.

I am thinking if it is related maybe to readline and your locale.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

https://stallmansupport.org/