Re: Keyboard Macros

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: Keyboard Macros
Date: Thu, 20 May 2021 15:31:49 +0200

>>>>> On Thu, 20 May 2021 11:08:09 -0000, technically.eludible@aleeas.com said:

    technically> Hello everyone,
    technically> I've been playing around with Keyboard Macros lately and ran
into a
    technically> problem:

    technically> I tried to permanently save my macro into a file using M-x
    technically> insert-kbd-macro Enter <name> Enter

    technically> Doing this the macro that got inserted looked something like
this:

    technically> (fset 'transpose-names

    technically>     (kmacro-lambda-form [?\C-a ?æ ?, ?ø ?\C-n] 0 "%d"  ))

    technically> It looked a little strange to me from the start, and trying to
execute
    technically> it didn't exactly do what i wanted it to. In Essence it added
the
    technically> characters "æ" and "ø" with a "," in between.

Works fine for me here with emacs-27. Which version of emacs are you
using? Does it behave the same with 'emacs -Q'?

Robert