Re: How to solve when 2 packages need each other?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: How to solve when 2 packages need each other?
Date: Thu, 20 May 2021 21:00:26 +0200

Jean Louis wrote:

> I have a separate package that depends on main package, but
> main package also needs some functions from that separate
> package. This causes compiler problems.
>
> The separate package need not be loaded for main functions
> to work.
>
> Should I be using (when (fboundp 'SEPARATE-FUNCTION)) to
> avoid that?
>
> Is there way to conditionally `defun' some functions?

Yes, circular dependency, can't have that.

Simple solution, create a third file to break it up, do
`provide'/`require', happens all the time...

It should be a tree, if there is a loop then it is a state
machine/expert system/something else, uhm uhm,
strictly forbidden.

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal