project.el project-find-files and symlinks

From: Juris Bune
Subject: project.el project-find-files and symlinks
Date: Fri, 21 May 2021 11:57:23 +0000

Hello!

I've been using emacs for few months now and slowly building up my skill and
knowledge of ecosystem. It has been great so far.

Recently I started using project.el (v0.6) and found one annoying thing -
project-find-files does not include file symlinks. I understand that it is due
to fact that under the hood it uses GNU find and current implementation of
project--files-in-directory has a somewhat hard-coded values for find flags.

To solve my case I would add "-L" option appropriately to have find utility
list also symlinks. Unfortunately this is not configurable without (as I
understand) changing package.el. Are there any other options?

Also, would it be somehow possible to make project.el use fd
<https://github.com/sharkdp/fd> instead of find?

Thanks!