Re: Why do I find ^L in elisp code?

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Why do I find ^L in elisp code?
Date: Sat, 22 May 2021 19:33:06 +0300

* Christopher Dimech <dimech@gmx.com> [2021-05-22 18:49]:
> Is it still useful in new code?
>
> The Form Feed is hard to type.  Most text editors do not provide easy ways to
> type it.
> Could emacs cease using invisible glyphs as they could be are confusing and
> hard to read
> and type?  Sometimes I see an ASCII art box.

 or ^L is not invisible in Emacs, it is visible, and usually red
highlighted, quite clear.

It is easy to type by using quoted-insert: C-q C-l

There are many various characters. Majority of people will never
change their keybindings, but some people will change it
extensively. I am using these kinds of ⟦ ⟧ brackets.

One can get it with "C-x 8 RET MATHEMATICAL LEFT WHITE SQUARE BRACKET"
but I have it on key bindings.

𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐔𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬, 𝒔𝒖𝒄𝒉 𝒂𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒔𝒆 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆, 𝒐𝒓
𝓵𝓲𝓴𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓼𝓮 𝓪𝓼 𝔀𝓮𝓵𝓵. 𝙾𝚛 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚜𝚎.

In online discussions that is quite handy when there is no other
markup method.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns