Re: sexp and icalendar-export-file

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: sexp and icalendar-export-file
Date: Mon, 24 May 2021 10:03:26 +0300

* Andreas Gösele <goesele@hfph.mwn.de> [2021-05-24 07:09]:
> Hi,
>
> a follow up to my last post.
>
> I tried whether a detour through org-mode could provide a
> solution. Inspired by
> https://mattduck.github.io/generic-css/demo/org-demo.html I created an
> org file with the following contend:
>
> ** Class 8:15am-10:00am
>    <%%(org-class 2021 1 1 2021 5 30 1 14)> Class
>
> * Weekly meeting with boss
>   <2021-01-19 Tue  14:00 +1w>
>
> ** Class 7:00pm-9:00pm
>    <%%(and (= 1 (calendar-day-of-week date)) (diary-block 2 16 2021
>    4 20 2021))>

Just as a side note, none of the above I find user friendly as data is
simply not enough structured, it is not easy to work with it.

In the first heading there is time specified "Class 8:15am-10:00am",
in the second it is about "meeting with the boss" without
time. Then there is the URL with org-demo.html explaining all the
anti-feature in a hype mode like it is universally useful planning
application, well I say it is as usable as any text editing
application with addition of attempts to make it structural.

I can see here:
https://mattduck.github.io/generic-css/demo/org-demo.html#automatic-reminders

** 10:00am Get dried ice at the magic store
   SCHEDULED: <2009-05-27 Wed>

So one puts time in heading, as there is no rule, but not in
scheduled? Even though SCHEDULED does allow the time as below.

** 10:00am Get dried ice at the magic store
   SCHEDULED: <2009-05-27 Wed 10:00>

Either of those should work... and user is supposed either not to to
know or to know it...

IMHO, until user comes to proper planning, so much time will pass just
to learn the fallacies of the Org mode.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns