Re: music with/from Emacs

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Re: music with/from Emacs
Date: Mon, 24 May 2021 13:44:37 +0200

Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
<help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> writes:

>>> I got it from the Debian repos, how does it work?
>>>
>>> Can't run it in the Linux VT and in X it is just a huge
>>> white screen, I have a resolution of only 640x480, maybe
>>> I should get a monitor then, but from Emacs I mean?
>>
>> I don't know never tried it in Emacs :)
>
> $ jackd -R -d alsa -d hw:1 # -p 4096
>
> then somewhere else
>
> $ sonic-pi
>
> works
>
> but I think this program requires a mouse?

I have just tried it once, it was about writing code, but no idea.

Btw; you could try Rockstar: https://codewithrockstar.com/

To be honest I saw reference to both Rockstar and Sonic in a YT video
about coding, in a presentation by the Rockst author:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6avJHaC3C2U