"emacs-28.0.50 -q" and "emacs-28.0.50 -Q" with outline-minor-mode-highli

From: pauline-galea
Subject: "emacs-28.0.50 -q" and "emacs-28.0.50 -Q" with outline-minor-mode-highlight
Date: Thu, 27 May 2021 21:11:45 +0200

> Sent: Friday, May 28, 2021 at 6:58 AM
> From: "Stephen Berman" <stephen.berman@gmx.net>
> To: pauline-galea@gmx.com
> Cc: "Philip Kaludercic" <philipk@posteo.net>, "Help Gnu Emacs"
> <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
> Subject: Re: "emacs-28.0.50 -q" and "emacs-28.0.50 -Q" with
> outline-minor-mode-highlight

> >> After doing `M-: (outline-minor-mode-highlight-buffer)' I see the three
> >> headings in different colors.
> >>
> >> Steve Berman
> >
> > Why is this all so difficult !!!
> >
> > How do I use "outline-minor-mode-highlight-buffer".  It is not an
> > interactive function.  Have tried executing with "C-x C-e" but nothing
> > took effect.
>
> You can invoke it like I did: type `M-:' (i.e. Alt+:) and at the
> minibuffer prompt enter `(outline-minor-mode-highlight-buffer)'.  But
> it's supposed to be called by outline-minor-mode when the major mode
> doesn't support font-lock.  Maybe you should file a bug report (`M-x
> report-emacs-bug').
>
> Steve Berman

I figured it out.  It is the same as using "C-x C-e" from an elisp file. Have
executed
your suggested command using "M-:" and still I cannot see a very noticeable
differences
between heading levels.

Thank you.  I also think that outline-mode needs a bug report for some changes
to be made
to the code.