Re: When are unused overlays garbage collected?

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: When are unused overlays garbage collected?
Date: Fri, 28 May 2021 21:38:59 +0200

On 2021-05-27, at 18:41, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:

>> From: Marcin Borkowski <mbork@mbork.pl>
>> Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
>> Date: Thu, 27 May 2021 18:20:46 +0200
>>
>> I think we misunderstood each other.  By "can't be referenced from Lisp"
>> I meant "there was no object - like a variable - referencing it".
>
> Well, "can't" means "cannot", not "doesn't".

Well, I'm not a native speaker of English - maybe that's why I didn't
understand you.  My understanding of "can't" was more or less "the
programmer can't write any Lisp code to get the reference to it", and
I assume that you meant "there is no object attainable from Lisp code
referencing it" - so basically the same.

But let's not split that hair anymore.  Anyway, thanks for you answers.

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski
http://mbork.pl