Re: Fortran Topics (outline-minor-mode, require, fixed format)

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Fortran Topics (outline-minor-mode, require, fixed format)
Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 22:14:10 +0200

ludvig-faddeev wrote:

> We want to know how to set up three things.
>
> outline-minor-mode oriented
>
> 1. How to include headings and subheadings for fortran
>    (fixed and free format)
> 2. Code structure hiding (subroutine, function)
> 3. Setting up new heading lists (outline-regexp,
>    outline-heading-alist)

OK, don't know/understand what 1 and 3 means, again did you
get it to work somewhere else?

2 I do understand but have no desire for myself so don't know
the details, again I'd check out how it is done elsewhere if
I wanted it.

> Other things
>
> Remove the need to call "(require 'f90)" and "(require
> 'fortran)" in conformity with other languages (e.g. as in
> emacs-lisp-mode, texinfo-mode)

Well, easy enough to do and conformity is very difficult
(impossible) to ever achieve anyway.

> Remove need to have separate modes for fixed and free format
> (fortran, f90). Instead have only "fortran-mode" with
> a variable for fixed format setting for use when needed by
> the user. These days fortran-mode mostly caters for legacy
> fortran code.

Okay.

--
underground experts united