Re: Fortran Topics (outline-minor-mode, require, fixed format)

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Fortran Topics (outline-minor-mode, require, fixed format)
Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 23:36:09 +0300

* ludvig-faddeev@gmx.com <ludvig-faddeev@gmx.com> [2021-05-29 23:09]:
> We want to know how to set up three things.
>
> outline-minor-mode oriented
>
> 1. How to include headings and subheadings for fortran (fixed and free format)
> 2. Code structure hiding (subroutine, function)
> 3. Setting up new heading lists (outline-regexp,
> outline-heading-alist)

First read the manual, evaluate the following: (info "(emacs)
Fortran")

outline-minor-mode is universal and applies to any "mode" or without
mode it will create outlines depending of your settings.

Then I would first suggest you use:

{M-x customize-group RET outlines RET} to customize the following:

Hide Outline Minor Mode Cycle: Boolean: Toggle  on (non-nil)
    State : SAVED and set.
   Enable cycling of headings in ‘outline-minor-mode’. More

Hide Outline Minor Mode Highlight: Choice: Value Menu Append outline faces to
major mode faces
    State : SAVED and set.
   Highlight headings in ‘outline-minor-mode’ using font-lock keywords. More

Hide Outline Minor Mode Prefix: Key sequence: C-c C-d
    State : SAVED and set.
   Prefix key to use for Outline commands in Outline minor mode. More

Learn by reading the settings, clicking on "More"

Then do following:

{C-h v outline-regexp RET} and read about that variable, so in Fortran
the comment is ! maybe you wish to add it there. Customize it, but if
you don't know how, let us know.

Maybe like this: (setq outline-regexp "[!]+") but I cannot be sure
as Fortran I don't know.

Next:

{C-h v outline-heading-alist RET}

Inspect it.

Then decide what and how your headings should be structured? If you
don't state that, it is impossible to tell.

Then good source of information is also here:
https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/OutlineMinorMode

Maybe you wish headings with

!
!!
!!!
!!!!

So question is what exactly you wish? Outline minor mode is not a
magic mode, it is universal and will do what you want, but you need to
tell it by customizing variables.

I think it should be:

(setq outline-heading-alist '(("!" . 1) ("!!" . 2) ("!!!" . 3)))

But my attempt to make it work is not well. I am missing something.

After setting that, I did M-x outline-minor-mode twice and it worked.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

https://stallmansupport.org/

P.S. I am not sending copy to those many email addresses as some of
them already fails as non existent.