Re: How users start programming in Emacs Lisp...

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: How users start programming in Emacs Lisp...
Date: Sun, 30 May 2021 11:31:49 +0300

* Eduardo Ochs <eduardoochs@gmail.com> [2021-05-30 10:51]:
> Hi Jean Louis,
>
> I did this,
>
>   sudo apt-get install libpq-dev postgresql

Good > and "make check" failed with several errors like this:

>   Test pq-async-notify-test condition:
>       (error "FATAL:  role \"edrx\" does not exist\12")

I never did `make check'... It is obvious that you already installed
PostgreSQL, did you? But you did not create a database role `edrx',
which is not a must, however, that is what maybe `make check'
expected.

You could simply do it:

$ createuser edrx

In general, you will need to know how to create a role, user or
database before using the database;

$ createdb DATABASE

$ createuser USERNAME

Let us say you created username edrx and database name edrx (you can
have many databases):

Then you do something like:

$ psql

grant all on database edrx to edrx;

it will tell:
GRANT

which means you gave permission to user edrx to use the database edrx;

To learn about psql interface, try \?

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns