How users start programming in Emacs Lisp...

From: Christopher Dimech
Subject: How users start programming in Emacs Lisp...
Date: Sun, 30 May 2021 15:55:08 +0200

> Sent: Sunday, May 30, 2021 at 11:19 PM
> From: "Jean Louis" <bugs@gnu.support>
> To: "Christopher Dimech" <dimech@gmx.com>
> Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
> Subject: Re: How users start programming in Emacs Lisp...
>
> * Christopher Dimech <dimech@gmx.com> [2021-05-30 14:09]:
> > > C-u F5 and I choose it
> >
> > I can see your interim buffer working.  Very neat.  How does one
> > play with name?
>
> How exactly do you wish to play with the name? Which name? Is it
> buffer name?

The first optional parameter "name", which looks like it is the buffer name.

When I use "C-u F5" you can only set the mode, but if name is already set,
the code suggests that it will use it.  But does not, because the let
variable "buffer" is not set.

The code uses

(generate-new-buffer "*RCD TEMPORARY BUFFER*")

making the name hard-coded.

Then when I call another temporary buffer, I get a numeric value enclosed in
<>, to get *RCD TEMPORARY BUFFER*<2>