Re: How users start programming in Emacs Lisp...

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: How users start programming in Emacs Lisp...
Date: Mon, 31 May 2021 01:56:39 +0300

* Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
<help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> [2021-05-31 01:51]:
> > I can tell that it is pain in the associates to handle
> > clocking in of 30 people at once. Some of them will
> > complain... talk... I have tried doing that with Org mode,
> > successsfull but slow. It is better with SQL and
> > rapid integration.
>
> People use Emacs in the corporate world like this?

Text editors are widely used. What a question... have you not seen
black console screens in companies in Sweden, even DOS is used in many
modern places in the world because some software simply works well.

> They don't have special software, business software being
> produced and marketed by some business?

It is difficult with other people's software. I have tried it, it is
not reliable. Example is the SugarCRM before so many years, failures
on upgrades would block the business. Today they dropped the free
software version, imagine what disaster would that be if I would be
still using it.

GeDaFe worked so well and still works:

GeDaFe - PostgreSQL Generic Database Interface
http://gedafe.github.io/doc/gedafe-sql.en.html

and now Emacs extends it and provides more interactivity and speed.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

https://stallmansupport.org/