Re: How users start programming in Emacs Lisp...

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: How users start programming in Emacs Lisp...
Date: Mon, 31 May 2021 02:21:45 +0200

Jean Louis wrote:

>> Never, they have dedicated business systems for this...
>
> Watch better. Software in many companies is not necessarily
> upgraded just because world upgrades OS-es, when something
> works, it works. I have seen DOS programs still being used
> in large malls (under some Windows).

Well, maybe you have seen that but I have not seen anyone use
DOS since the 90s and I've not seen anyone (almost?) that used
Emacs that wasn't a programmer or tech person.

There is a FreeDOS BTW:

  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FreeDOS

> You heavily underestimate the Emacs power.

Well, one, I'm not a corporate-world person, and two, do say,
how much power has Emacs?

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal