Re: How users start programming in Emacs Lisp...

From: Eduardo Ochs
Subject: Re: How users start programming in Emacs Lisp...
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2021 21:54:50 -0300

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 at 13:32, Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> wrote:

> You can use org-protocol and this extension:
> https://support.mozilla.org/1/firefox/88.0/Linux/en-US/extensions-pb

Hi Jean Louis,

I am quite slow at following textual instructions like these, and at
converting them to executable steps (accompanied by links to the
relevant documentation). You've probably noticed that the sandboxed
tutorials of eev are an experiment in writing instructions in another
way - in which the steps are very easy to execute, there are lots of
hyperlinks to documentation, to source code, and to tests that explain
the data structures and the behaviours of individual functions... and
they are an attempt to find other people who like that style, and who
would want to experiment with writing their own documentation in that
way, too.

I'll try to follow your instructions in the weekend. I am guessing
that they will take me many hours, because I know very little about
databases and SQL, and because org-capture and org-protocol also seems
to be quite complex beasts.

I think that I will start by watching and indexing the videos by J.E.
Magen and by Prot below... any other suggestions?

  Cheers,
    Eduardo Ochs
    http://angg.twu.net/#eev

;; Jonathan E. Magen: How I Use org-capture and Stuff
;; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdcXu_RdKI0
;; (find-youtubedl-links nil nil "KdcXu_RdKI0" nil "orgcaptmagen")
;; (find-orgcaptmagenvideo "0:00")
;;
;; https://emacsnyc.org/assets/documents/how-i-use-org-capture-and-stuff.pdf
;; (code-pdf-page "orgcaptmagen"
"$S/https/emacsnyc.org/assets/documents/how-i-use-org-capture-and-stuff.pdf")
;; (code-pdf-text "orgcaptmagen"
"$S/https/emacsnyc.org/assets/documents/how-i-use-org-capture-and-stuff.pdf")
;; (find-orgcaptmagenpage)
;; (find-orgcaptmagentext)

;; Protesilaos Stavrou: Emacs: Introduction to ORG-CAPTURE
;; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCdScs4YO8k
;; (find-youtubedl-links nil nil "qCdScs4YO8k" nil "orgcaptprot")
;;
;; https://protesilaos.com/codelog/2020-02-04-emacs-org-capture-intro/

;; (find-orgnode "Capture")

;; https://irreal.org/blog/?p=8694 An Introduction to Org Capture

;; Emacs Meet up Session I: Org Capture - Suvrat
;; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFt6plDQm58
;; (find-youtubedl-links nil nil "tFt6plDQm58" nil "orgcaptsuvrat")