Saving and loading file with images?

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Saving and loading file with images?
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2021 09:07:25 +0300

Let us say I do:
M-: (insert-image-file
"/home/data1/protected/Media/Pictures/Clipart/openclipart-2.0-full/clipart/massimo/massimo_Kaktus.png")

so that inserts nicen kleinen grĂ¼nen Kaktus in my buffer.

I can capture that all:
(setq a (buffer-substring (point-min) (point-max)))

and insert the kaktus again:
(insert a)

And I wish to find modus operandi how to do that as I would like using
notes with images like that in the database.

I can save enriched mode by using similar technique in the database,
and I can read it from the database. But buffer with image is not
working, it would be very nice to get it to work.

Any tips appreciated.

Thank you,
Jean Louis