Re: Integrating eev and org-capture/org-capture-set-target-location

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Integrating eev and org-capture/org-capture-set-target-location
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2021 21:14:37 +0300

* Eduardo Ochs <eduardoochs@gmail.com> [2021-06-04 19:09]:
> On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 at 03:02, Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> wrote:
> >
> > >   (find-orgnode "Capture templates" "file+headline")
> > >   (find-orgnode "Template elements" "\ntarget")
> >
> > Those must be new eev functions.

Not working here, eev mode is always on. Maybe I did not load some
library?

eval: Symbol’s function definition is void: find-orgnode

> Are the sexp hyperlinks to videos working well for you?

I am in developed country for a while, video downloading is anyway
slow and not accessible. Usually I will first download video and then
watch it. I can upload easier than download. Links work probably and I
don't use them as it is not feasible to wait too long, you know.

> By the way, if you would like to experiment with putting your own
> videos online you can create a variant of this function,
>
>   (find-eev "eev-tlinks.el" "find-eevvideo-links")
>   http://angg.twu.net/eev-current/eev-tlinks.el.html#find-eevvideo-links

Everything ever that comes along is index on my side into the Dynamic
Knowledge Repository. And I can create the eev style links if I want,
but I don't, as other people will not use them.

I am working on link creation depending of the mode. Usually I split
window in two, in one I open Hyperscope, press "w" and link is copied
in other video, here is example, title on top, link down. Link without
title is under-described.

Hans-Peter Dürr "Weil es ums Ganze geht" // Vortrag lang // GLOBART 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKma6xCTIBE

Now my idea is that hyperlinking should be sensitive to the mode, so
if the other mode is mail-mode or message mode, the hyperlink would
look like that above.

But if the other mode is Markdown, the hyperlink has to be in Markdown
style, if it is Org mode, it has to be killed and yanked in Org
markup, or Asciidoc markup, if HTML then in HTML markup. Isn't that a
good idea? User could press prefix C-u and get a choice of link
format, then I could choose eev link. That is how it should be.

(defun wrs-hyperlink-by-mode (name link)
  "Insert hyperlink formatted corresponding to major mode."
  (cond ((eq major-mode 'adoc-mode) (format "%s[%s]" link name))
        ((eq major-mode 'org-mode) (format "[[%s][%s]]" link name))
        ((eq major-mode 'markdown-mode) (format "[%s](%s \"%s\")" name link
name))
        ((eq major-mode 'html-mode) (format "<a href=\"%s\">%s<a>" link name))
        ((eq major-mode 'emacs-lisp-mode) (format ";; %s\n;; %s\n" name link))
        (t (format "\n\n<a href=\"%s\">%s<a>\n\n" link name))))

eev is not yet there. You can see that link may be inserted even into
emacs-lisp-mode as commented one. Default is HTML link, but I think it
should be the textual one.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns