Using comment characters for specific major modes

From: martin-kemp
Subject: Using comment characters for specific major modes
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2021 11:05:50 +0200 (CEST)

I would find it useful if there was a function that returns a list with the
comment delimiter

for the specific mode.  Then one can select which one to get.

From: Omar Polo <op@omarpolo.com>
To: martin-kemp@brusseler.com
Date: 06/06/2021 10:34:12 Europe/Paris
Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

I've seen only now the reply from Stefan Monnier, which is (of course
:P) better than mine, apologies. His explanation is indeed better.

Sorry for the noise.