Re: Using comment characters for specific major modes

From: Omar Polo
Subject: Re: Using comment characters for specific major modes
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2021 13:43:35 +0200

martin-kemp@brusseler.com writes:

> I would find it useful if there was a function that returns a list with the
> comment delimiter
>
> for the specific mode.  Then one can select which one to get.

I don't have a deep knowledge (or any knowledge at all really).
Studiyng newcomment.el is probably the way to go, but as you can see
from comment-dwim there are two variables `comment-start' and
`comment-end' that holds the string for the start and end string of
comments.

They are respectively ";" and "" in elisp-mode, or "/*" and "*/" in
c-mode, and so on.