Re: Ideas on Hypertext systems in Emacs needed

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Ideas on Hypertext systems in Emacs needed
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2021 03:20:14 +0200

Eduardo Ochs wrote:

> English is not my first language, but to me "use whatever
> everyone else is using" seems to imply "don't use niche
> tools that are used by small groups of very enthusiastic
> hackers that love them very much".

OK, but what exactly is the hacker alternative to HTTP, HTML,
and the web, then?

Non-commercial/capitalist project without a license:

  https://dataswamp.org/~incal/blog/tree-house/summer-2021.html

I'm not against licenses per se... or wait, we are not talking
about that? We are talking about the web. Yes, there were many
attempts, for Mac there was a popular program called
Hypercard, the GNU info pages of course, and others I either
don't know at all or don't know of right now. It doesn't
matter - now, it is, or should be, all web, all in the open.

But attempts are good, that happens in nature as well as human
society all the time. Only when the Red Army enters Berlin,
you don't apply for membership in the NSDAP, you know what I'm
saying? When one side is one-sidedly victorious, you do
the best out of that instead of do something meaningless with
something that do not apply anymore. Is what I would
do. Maybe!

Don't worry. We will add your technological distinctiveness to
our own. Resistance is futile.

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal