Re: Autocompletion for partially typesetted stuff in auctex.

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: Re: Autocompletion for partially typesetted stuff in auctex.
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2021 23:42:04 +0800

On Tue, Jun 8, 2021 at 10:31 PM Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> wrote:

> * Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> [2021-06-08 11:18]:
> > If I type a command used in the TeX document for the first time, in
> > this case, it does not appear in any buffers, but only in LaTeX
> > package definition files. I don't know if your above-mentioned method
> > applies to this situation also.
>
> I cannot know, what I know is that it applies in almost any buffer. I
> just use TAB so much more to complete.

I rechecked its documentation located at here
<https://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/manual/auctex.pdf>, and it seems
that it really can do the thing I mentioned above and even more can be
done. Below are some relevant descriptions:

<quote>
5.3 Automatic Parsing of TEX Files
[...]
TeX-parse-self Parse file after loading it if no style hook is found
for it. [User Option]
TeX-auto-save Automatically save style information when saving the
buffer. [User Option]
[...]
;; Only parse LaTeX class and package information.
(setq-default TeX-auto-regexp-list ’LaTeX-auto-minimal-regexp-list)
;; The class and package information is usually near the beginning.
(setq-default TeX-auto-parse-length 2000)
</quote>

Regards
Theory and Simulation of Materials
NO. 552 North Gangtie Road, Xingtai, China